Acting Justice Anthony Graham
Anthony Graham was appointed an Acting Justice of the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory in August 2017. At the time of his appointment, His Honour was a retired Judge of the Family Court of Australia, a position that he held between 1987 and 1998.
Prior to being called to the Family Court Bench, His Honour practised at the Victorian Bar between 1965 and 1987 specialising in criminal and local government law. His Honour was appointed a Queen’s Counsel in Victoria (1984) and New South Wales (1985).
Upon retirement as a Family Court Judge in 1998, His Honour returned to the Victorian Bar, practising as Silk until 2012.
His Honour’s other appointments have included:
- Bodleian Reader, Oriel College, Oxford University (2015)
- Instructor, Leo Cussen Law Centre in Advocacy, Criminal Law, Evidence, Pleadings and Family Law (2010-2014)
- Sessional Member, Victorian Planning Appeal Board and Town Planning Appeals Tribunal
- Prescribed Authority under the ASIO Act
- Instructor at the College of Law [NSW] [2016 -2018]
- Professorial Fellow CDU [2015 to present time]
His Honour is the author of several legal publications including Victorian Pleading Precedents (Law Book Company), Precedents in Practice (Law Book Company) and Information Technology (Family Court of Australia).