Index of Costs
- Taxation Guidelines, Interest Rates, Costs, Limits on Personal Injuries Claims and Counsel Fees document
- Fees - Supreme Court Regulations
Court Reporting Policy
- Application for Transcript-Supreme Court Civil
- Application for Transcript - Supreme Court Criminal
- Application for Transcript - Local Court
- Court Reporting Policy
Response by Defence Counsel to Crown Opening
Bail Secured by Real Property
- Real Property as Security for Bail
- Bail Act - Bail Undertaking and Agreement by Accused Person with Guarantor
- Mortgage Precedent Form 39
- Caveat Precedent Form 78
- General Consent Form 93
Supreme Court Rules
Supreme Court Forms
Guidelines on Applying for Admission as a Legal Practitioner
- Legal Profession Admission Guidelines
- Legal Profession Admission - Originating Motion and Affidavit
- Admission Under the Mutual Recognition Scheme
- Pro forma notice under Mutual Recognition Act
- Admission Under Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Scheme
- Affidavit - Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Scheme
- Application for approval of the Admission Board to enter Articles of Clerkship
- Law Admissions Consultative Committee Disclosure Guidelines
Motor Accident (Compensation) Appeal Tribunal
The Motor Accident (Compensation) Appeal Tribunal (the Tribunal) is constituted of a Supreme Court Judge under section 28 of the Motor Accidents (Compensation) Act 1979 (the Act).
A referral can be made to the Tribunal under section 28D (referral to Tribunal – designated person’s initiative) or section 28E (referral to Tribunal – claimant’s request) of the Act.
On referral of a matter, the Tribunal must conduct a hearing into the matter in the way it considers appropriate and make a decision pursuant to section 29(4) of the Act.
The approved form for instituting a Reference to the Tribunal, pursuant to Rule 5 of the Motor Accidents (Compensation) Appeal Tribunal Rules 1986, is available here.
The approved form for providing an Answer to a reference, pursuant to Rule 6 of the Motor Accidents (Compensation) Appeal Tribunal Rules 1986, is available here.
The approved form for providing documents relevant to the proceedings pursuant to Rules 5 & 6 of the Motor Accidents (Compensation) Appeal Tribunal Rules 1986 Index of Documents is available here.
Legal Practitioner Admission Ceremonies
Time: The Ceremony will usually commence at 9am, unless advised to the contrary by the Chief Justice's Associate. If there are three or fewer admission applicants the start time is sometimes moved to 9:30am. Applicants will be advised of the commencement time.
Venue: Full Court of the Supreme Court, Darwin.
2022 Admissions Ceremony Dates
- 1 March 2022
- 3 May 2022
- 5 July 2022
- 30 August 2022
- 29 November 2022
2023 Admissions Ceremony Dates
- 28 February 2023
- 9 May 2023
- 25 July 2023
- 24 October 2023
- 12 December 2023
Applications for Admission are to be filed by close of business on the Wednesday, 20 days prior to the ceremony date.
The Legal Practitioner Admission Board convenes to consider applications the Tuesday after the closing date for filing.
Arrangements can also be made for admission in the Supreme Court at Alice Springs.