Supreme Court of the Northern Territory - Notice #4
NOTICE #4 TO PRACTITIONERS, LITIGANTS
AND THE VISITING PUBLIC-COVID-19
31 MARCH 2020
Front counter services in Darwin
- Following the developments in the COVID-19 situation, and the need to implement measures to ensure the safety of staff, practitioners, litigants and the visiting public, from Wednesday, 1 April 2020 the public facing counters in Supreme Court Civil Registry and Sheriff’s Office will be closed.
- While the counters are closed, the registries will still be operating to provide services and support to practitioners, litigants and the wider community by telephone and email.
- Practice Direction 1 of 2020 and 2 of 2020 provide directions in relation to the management of criminal and civil proceedings during closure of the public counters, including the filing, issuing and transmission of court documents.
Registry (for civil matters)
- The Registry can be contacted for assistance by either telephone or email.
Phone: 08 8999 6574
Sheriff’s Office (for criminal matters)
- The Sheriff’s Office can be contacted for assistance by either telephone or email.
Phone: 08 8999 6504 or 08 8999 6577
For jury enquiries:
Phone: 08 8999 7930